Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Winter conditions

Conditions have been awful lately. From where I work in Del Mar I can see the lifeguard station. There’s an American flag flying there that gives me a good indication of the wind. It’s been hanging low pretty much all day every day these days.


DM lifeguard station: Primary technical indicator.

No worries. It was time for me to get back to work anyway. I came up with a great idea for a website: http://www.pingnote.com.

Pingnote is a utility that works with any phone to email recorded messages. I have been in tons of meetings where I just wanted to make a recording. There’s almost always a speaker phone in the room. With pingnote I can call the number and have the recording sent to me anytime, anywhere. Plus with an emailed recording I can edit it down to just the parts I need, save it or send it off to others, something you can’t to with voice mail.

My wing is fixed. Steve did a great job. Here’s what the repair looks like:


The yellow stiching shows the repair.

The cost of the wing repair was $210. Steve replace the whole panel except for the part at the top where the cell is formed.

I caught Robin leaving Torrey with his dog Kiko. Pretty cool ride.


Robin and Kiko preparing for the ride home.

Here’s another character who shows up at Torrey: Mr Roselli.


Mr. Roselli – The octogenarian inventor.

86-years old. Been working on on a paragliding wing that will fly in no wind for over 20 years. He rigged up a set of handles because he kept getting blown over. Steve called it a ‘perpetual motion machine’. David said he was flying in the dirt for a long time. David invited him over to fly on the grass.

I love this place. It’s the most amazing collection of bums, multi-millionaires, soul-searchers and know-it-alls. As Groucho Marx said, “I’d never join of club that would have me as a member.” Let’s just say I feel at home here.

No comments: